Sunday, August 15, 2010

I think i shd consider i am blessed

Was out with the kids from Beyond services binging them to Mints toy musuem. Was deeply touched by what Miss Raja said. She gave up her job and went full time into social service, intially she wanted to go to other countries but then she realise in Singapore there still exist these kids that needed help. yes in modern singapore, its something that most Singaporeans won't hear or know of.

Ok I do know since I did visit some childrens home, old folks home when I was in Leo club and went on to organise a trip (sad to say only one trip) during my 3rd year in poly . Yup first 2 years I was with NP Strings, 3rd yea I went MIA there and join Leo club :P.


As Miss Raja tells us their stories, it just sound familar Ok well these children are usually people of low income disadvantage problems. More often than not, quite alot of them have parents who are drug addicts, jailbirds. You know so many years have passed since I grad from poly and the same story still goes on. haiz..

the kids helping their parents to inject the drugs in, etc etc. I can of admire how Miss Raja handle the kids, make a difference in their lives.

Seeing these kids, I think I am blessed, I don't have to go through what they go through. Some of these kids are well behaved,  some are naughty (in our eyes of cos0, but very often these kids are street smart. Given the right training, these kids will make it one of these days

Thats what I believe. :)

No comments: