Saturday, December 20, 2008

I wish I am a kid

Many a times I dreamt of my old house. The house which I am familar with, that I grew up in. I don't know if I am born there though. I will dream of the drain, the drain that I will stand by when rain comes. Why? Cos the ponds will overflow, and fishes will come gushing out through the drain.

What do I do, catch fish of cos haha. I still remember dad digging the drain, putting cement on it. Dad putting cement outside the house, dad building this and that. Everything is DIY.

If a picture of our house is shown on TV today, we are classified as very very poor. We aint rich honestly, not monetary rich. But we are rich in happiness. Really I am blessed with wonderful parents, wonderful siblings. Of cos bro didn't make things easy for me but really I rememebr the times when he was in primary school he do takes care of me, doting on me. My elder sis says when he was a young boy he is a nice boy, things only change when he goes to secondary school.

I do thank God for all that I have, a different childhood from most of the city kids.

I also remember when my mother will bring me and my sis to my grandparents house in Malaysia during school holidays. I didn't like to go ah gong house though, but i liek wai gong house. Closer to my maternal grandparents. Every evening , I love to sit by the wooden staircase and watching him pumping the keronsene lamp. The familar smell. hmmm there is no electricity no water supply.

How many of you have this opportunity to expereince this? I love this simple life. The kampung life where the chickens, ducks, goose reins. haha chasing after the chickens . Each evening, I will be asked to stay in doors why, cos uncle and grandpa will let out the dogs. Fierce dogs they are.

I only remmeber one friendly dog but the following year when I was there he is dead, bitten by a snake :(

I love the cocoa smell. yes Wah gong and uncle will dry the cocoa, they will also open the coconut and taking the husk. They go to tap rubber and make into rubber sheets. I only seen once or twice can't really remmebe the process of making it.

I remember the oil palms along the road when we have to walk this whole distance to wai gong house from ah gong house. Yes no transportation at all. But its ok we enjoy the walk. the long walk.....

I never go back there for many years ever since both wah gong and wah ma pass away :( Ironically its only after they pass away when we went back there to clean up, that I realise there are fireflies there. Yes I saw my first fireflies there severals years back...........oh how beautiful they are.

They are differnt from the ones that are in Kota tinngi btw. Its just beautiful.........


Tell u more about my childhood in time to come. Too many things.. I just wish I am back as a kid in Lim Chu kang..............

No comments: