Friday, January 2, 2009

The story of the Tree, cow and buffalo

I am just too lazy to put up the photos, will do that once I finish packing my scrapbook stuff. I promised....Finally put up the shelves so now its sorting time... gosh i got too many stuff. 2009 I gotta put myself on a paper ban. :)

Ok back to the story.

We took a overnight train from HaNoi to Sapa, its about 8 hours train ride, and I think I only slept like an hour in total. Sleeping on the upper deck its wobbily+ noisy + musical ensemble through the night. A good thing I never fell down ahha.

Reach there early morning, driver Hai pick us up. Now that's quite a handsome young boy(to me he consider a boy category), with eyes that can mesmerise you. (Now thats the story that evolves around our Sapa beauty and him hahah)

I wonder how he drives with mist and I can't even see the road. An hour ride and we are into cat cat hotel. Freezing cold and electricy surge. Luckily the manager gave us each a hot tea. That really keep us warm a little.

Went out for breakfast and a few of us decide to try the market food while the majority of the rest go into some cafe. Met a local lady and she speak pretty good english and help us to order food. Hmm nice yummy noodles. I like it :)



Met our tour guide Miss Khu in the afternoon and she brought us trekking into cat cat village, a disappointment cos its all misty land. So we see horses, chickens, ducks in misty mountains. Reminds me very much of my grandparents place,or my old place.

Sammi was joking her friends are going to laugh at her for spending $$$ to come here to look at all this when she could have look at this in Malaysia .. opps.

I think these local people are smart, will attach the photos soon to show u why they are smart, making use of each opportunity to pound rice.

A real pity we couldn't see the terrace rice fields, went down into the waterfall. Well just another waterfall to me, unless its those magnificent ones like Nigara which I haven't got the chance to see yet.

Going back is a real challenge, cos we have gone all the way down into the valley so now its up up up slope. Gosh. Finally we make our way back. Actually for me going down the steps is always a scary thing for me, feel like tumbling down like humpty dumpty .. Going up is never a issue ekkekeke

Second day we went into Ta Phin, village.
The moment we get down from the bus, all the ladies and kids crowd around us. Trying to sell us their handicraft. ( i got no idea what they are selling then, cos its all covered up in baskets)

They follow us, asking us our names, I simply ignore. You see I don't want to get entangled into this never ending story. We walk quite a far bit still there are still a few of them who followed us. One of them walk beside me asking me my name. I keep quiet . I spoke in Mandarin telling my tour mates infront and behind me, saying : 我知道我很没礼貌。Guess what, the local tribe lady replied me: Never mind.
Gosh I am so embarrassed, she actually understand. Ok I forgot to mention Tafin village comprises mainly of the red tribe and their ancestors are from China. So most likely they understand mandarin.


There is also this lady who is carrying her baby behind her and following us all the way, I really feel so sorry for her and the kid. hmmmm the rest of my tour mates are reminding me don't be so soft hearted.

Along the way back, Cyn ask me to take a photo of her and a tree. I gave her this weird expression and almost want to say: What's so great about this tree? Then I told her in mandarin hey I am going to take u + the tribal lady beside u. Cyn went ok. After the shot, she told me: U really think I want to take with the tree, its the lady I want to take. HAHAHa.. Blur sotong me.


End of the story is I end up buying a pouch from the lady carrying the baby. She and her fellow mates are trying to tell us in English about having to take care of children etc. I don't know the stories she and the rest told are true or not about feeding babies etc but well if If a SGD 2 can bring smile to her, why not. I can see that she is happy cos after that she can run so fast with the baby. Ok I never have a photo of her, cos I just don't want to take. I buying the pouch from her doesn't mean I should take a photo of her. Its just not right.

The third day we went to one of the markets, don't know the name. But is definitely far 3 or 4 hour ride with us having to find a toilet when we reach the destination. The tribles there are all flower tribes. Hmm in my opinion nothing much in the market.

The most interesting part is along the way, cynthia was saying Cow . Miss khu went: Its a Buffalo, buffaloes have horns, cows don't. Haha, and the whole journey was we teasing cynthia. Even Hai went teasing her on all the animals that we came across during the journey Poor Cynthia actually got so confused and doubted her own self and when she was in teh market, she ask her cousin if those at the market are cows or buffaloes.

Oh ya found this in youtube on Sapa. Ignore the music on the second video, no idea why they put such Chinese kind of music .. eeks










When

No comments: